21 Sep Wonton Shooter
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tbsp coriander root, chopped
1 carrot, finely grated
100 gm chicken mince
100 gm prawns, raw, finely chopped
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
15 wonton skins
1 egg, beaten
4 cups chicken stock
2 tbsp shallots, finely chopped
1. In a bowl, mix garlic, coriander, carrot, chicken, prawn, salt and pepper.
2. Lay wonton skins on a board or tea towel with a corner towards you.
3. Brush each skin with egg, place 1 tsp of the filling in the centre, and fold the bottom corner away from you. Press the edges to seal.
4. Warm the chicken stock in a medium pot till it simmers. Gently drop wontons into the stock in batches so they donï¿½t stick together. Cook for 3-4 minutes. You can check one to make sure the filling is done.
5. When done, gently pick wontons out of the stock and place each in a plastic glass with some chopped shallots. Ladle a small amount of the stock in each glass.